Monday, April 16, 2012

Quick update

So, its been a while since my last post, but I have some more stuff coming up.  Yesterday, I ordered a case off newegg, which should get here tomorrow.  This will allow me to move the computer that is on my test bench right now into a permanent home, and start testing the actual computer that will be submerged.  Seems extra complicated, but this was the best solution I could come up with.

Today, I spent a bunch of time working on the CAD model of my design, and this is what I have so far. ( a few changes since my last go at a CAD model.)



Sorry about the terrible contrast on these, but Inventor was acting weirdly and wouldn't let me change the colors of parts.  But anyways, I decided to go for a triangular-ish case.  It's something I've never seen before, and should be pretty effective.  The computer components will be mounted on sliders (for easy installation/removal) and will be inserted into the whole in the middle with the ports at the top.  Eventually, the radiator will be mounted via brackets on top of everything.  Next step is to see if this will actually work for me, in terms of acrylic sheet size and availability, as well as the volume of mineral oil I would need.

Tomorrow should see another post, maybe I'll try video recording me transplant this computer into the new case...we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment