Thursday, June 7, 2012

Good News!

On Monday, I received the last parts I need to finish up this project, other than the oil (I should be getting a call in the next day or two about this...).  Anyways, I received my pump, tubing and some hose clamps.


Pump Box:








Inside:

Pump itself:


Stripping my old case for its standoffs...


...so I can prep the tray for use in the oil.


Here's what I was envisioning for pump/radiator placement.  I will need to make some sort of bracket or stand to securely hold the radiator.


My completely messy ping-pong table...





Time for the big test of my work: seeing if the acrylic box has any leaks in it.  My thinking is that if it can hold water successfully, it will probably be able to hold mineral oil no problem.
Getting ready for the test:




And with water in it.  I only filled it about an inch deep, because I encountered another difficulty.  It was very hard to move it, even with just a small amount of water in the case.  I am going to have to figure out a way to move this thing when it's completely full of oil.  What I'm thinking now for moving into the room for my presentation is to drain as much oil as possible, then just refill it once I'm getting set up.






Best news yet: It was completely water tight.  I made sure to get water onto each of the joints, and not a drop was spilled.  Very pleased.  Very excited.


So this is pretty much it until I get the oil in.  I need to get my paperwork in, including my narrative and such.

Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment