Monday, February 6, 2012

The Parts I have

Here's a quick list of the parts I have to pull from for this project currently (Don't worry about the part numbers, its more for me to keep track of things):

Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L Motherboard
DFI Infinity P965-S Motherboard
Intel Pentium D 820
Intel Pentium D 925
Intel Pentium E5300
Intel Celeron E3200
2 x 1GB DDR2 666 Ram
2 x 1GB DDR2 800 OCZ Ram
1 x 2GB DDR2 800 Ram
OCZ ModXStreme 500w PSU
Rosewill 350w PSU
ASUS 9600 GSO 384mb Video Card
ATI Radeon X1650 PRO Video Card
160GB Laptop Hard Drive
200GB IDE Drive
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU cooler
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
Numerous random fans

I still have yet to decide on exactly which parts will be going under the oil, but that will depend on a few things:
- If I can get another video card, off of craigslist perhaps
- Stability Testing (Must be completely stable.  I can't swap components very easily, if at all, once they have been submerged.  A hardware failure of this computer would be a huge pain.)

My old system.  Contains DFI motherboard, Pentium E5300, some of the RAM Previously mentioned, OCZ PSU, ASUS 9600 GSO, 200gb IDE Drive.  Been replaced by my new computer.

The current 'test' system.  It is currently not in any sort of enclosure, so turning it on requires a screw driver.  Running Windows XP Professional.  Currently typing this blog post using this computer.

On the left, the Celeron E3200.  The right chip is the Pentium D 820.  Both chips are dual cores, for socket LGA 775


No comments:

Post a Comment