Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Quick Update

Well, I did a few things worth mentioning.  Last night, I contacted a few companies about possible sponsorships.  I'm not getting my hopes up for anything, but the worst they can say is no, right?  Also, I think I've decided on what hardware I'm going to use: basically the stuff in all the pictures from before but with a different video card - one I plan to buy off a guy in Syracuse.  I will probably pick it up sometime next week, and I can start testing the final configuration.  After that's getting to be finished, I'll start thinking seriously about what I want to do for a tank, and start drawing/modeling some designs.

On an interesting note, I came across a youtube video of some guy's oil cooled computer.  It was a very unique one to say the least.  He used streams of mineral oil to cool the major components, so that he could remove the heatsinks to expose the actual chips.  This really showed me that I can think a little more outside the box when I start actually working toward a design.

No comments:

Post a Comment