Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mentor Meeting 3/14

Today I met with Mr. Sauve about a few things.  First, we discussed how we would go about making sure mineral oil doesn't eat acrylic.  I've found a few sources that claim they work just fine together, with no ill effects.  However, I also have read there are certain typed of mineral oil that would eat acrylic, and other types that will not.  Either way, we thought the only way to know for sure would be to build a small box, fill it up, and let it sit for a few weeks.  Before that can happen, I need to track down some mineral oil around Ithaca.  I have a few places in mind that may have some, so I'll be giving them a call in the next couple of days.  My task for next time we meet is to find a source of mineral oil.  After that, we can start this small scale test.

(no pictures this time...)

No comments:

Post a Comment