Friday, March 9, 2012

New Motherboard

So this last Wednesday, I made a trade with a friend.  I received a new motherboard, an ASUS Rampage Formula.

 
 
Since this is a much higher-end board,  I decided to put my highest end hardware in it: my Pentium E5300, 2 gigs of ram, and my tower-style heat sink.

 Here's some in-progress shots of my desk:

And of my current set up in my basement:

SO basically, the next step for me is to continue stress testing this new board; as I type this at school, the system at my house is running a stress testing program continuously, and has been since last night.  Anyways, right now I'm thinking I won't use this new board for submerging in oil.  I think I may replace what was in my old computer with my current 'desk' set up, which may require me getting a new case.  I think at this point, I am probably going to use my old computer, which would involve a full-sized board, so I will need to factor that size difference into my current case design.

2 comments:

  1. It's a good thing that you're stress testing your new motherboard. During the stress test, we would be able to see if you're motherboard is doing well with the other hardware, but I guess, it should run well under any circumstances, as you've said it is a high end motherboard. By the way, what type of video card did you use?

    Benita Bolland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The motherboard in this post actually didn't end up in oil. The board that went into the oil was an old DFI Infinity P965-S. The Video card is an old EVGA 9600 GSO 384Mb. I have a whole mess of pictures still to upload, and finish off this project. I will try to do that shortly.

      Delete